Signs you have candida overgrowth and what to do about it?
If you're a woman and you're reading this post there is a good chance you have candida. It's estimated that 80% of all Americans suffer with chronic Candida and women are eight times more likely to have Candida overgrowth. So what is Candida? Simply put, it's a sugar-fermenting yeast that is naturally present in small amounts in the mouth and digestive tract. When present in the proper balance, it's helpful in digestion and the absorption of vitamins and enzymes. When it overgrows, it becomes parasitic, creating a large range of issues including chronic inflammation.
What causes Candida overgrowth?
It's not one issue, but the compounding of multiple lifestyle choices and environmental factors that contribute to Candida overgrowth. One of the main contributors is poor nutrition choices including a diet high in refined carbohydrates, alcohol and caffeine. Large amounts of sugar feed Candida and allow it to flourish disrupting the natural balance in your gut. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria that resides in our intestinal tract further upsetting the delicate balance and Immunosuppressive drugs also contribute (chemotherapy, steroids, synthetic estrogens and progesterone, birth control pills and zeno estrogens, otherwise known as synthetics estrogens - found in plastics, cosmetics, dairy, pesticides and processed foods.) High stress and and a sedentary lifestyle also create a prime environment for Candida to multiply.
How do you know if you have Candida overgrowth?
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of Candida are:
Anxiety, depression, irritability, irrational fear and panic
Difficulty sleeping, hyperactivity
Asthma, coughs, sinus problems, thrush and chronic bad breath
Constipations, bloating diarrhea, gas, heartburn, indigestion and food cravings or sensitivities
Acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin infections, dandruff, athlete's food and fingernail/toenail fungus
Confusion, trouble concentrating, brain fog, poor memory, headaches or migraines
PMS, cramps, low libido, vaginal yeast infections
Allergies, chronic fatigue, swollen joints, gout
Your doctor can confirm your suspicion with a stool or urine test.
How to Manage Candida?
If you suspect you are struggling with Candida or you simply want to support your body in establishing a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria to prevent Candida overgrowth these tips and a simple 30 day cleanse can get you on the right track.
Sugar feeds Candida so eliminating sugar in all of it's forms including desserts, alcohol and flours/simple carbs like bagels and breads.
Limit complex carbohydrates to 1 cup a day. These include whole grains, beans, and fruit.
Eliminate inflammatory foods by eating clean - significantly limiting processed/packaged foods and sticking to organic whole foods (grass-fed meat, vegetables and some fruit and whole grains should make up the bulk of your diet).
I highly recommend this simple 30-day cleanse to reset your system and support your body in crowding out Candida and restoring GI balance.
30 Day Detox Cleanse & Restore products and directions
1. Take 4 capsules a day from each of the Life Long Vitality Pack bottles with meals for the full 30-day cycle. This is critical to giving the body what it needs to draw upon to be able to heal and renew effectively. Click here to learn more about the Life Long Vitality Pack and why it is a vital component to foundational support for a healthy body and a happy life.
2. Take 1-2 Zendocrine Complex capsules with AM And PM meals daily for the full 30-day cleanse cycle. The body's filtering and waste management system is quite capable of managing a certain amount of exposure to toxic influencers. But in a modern world of environmental pollutions and harmful chemicals the body's filtering system can be significantly challenged. dōTERRA's Zendocrine Detoxification Complex is a proprietary blend of 14 active whole-food extracts in a patented enzyme delivery system that supports healthy cleansing and filtering functions of the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs and skin.
3. Take 2 drops of Zendocrine Essential Oil in a veggie capsule or under the tongue with AM and PM meals daily for the full 30-day cleanse cycle. This is a proprietary blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils of clove, grapefruit, rosemary, and geranium that have been studied for support of healthy liver function.
4. Take 1 Slim & Sassy soft gel with water after AM, MidDay and PM meals for the full 30-day cleanse cycle. Slim & Sassy contains essential oils known to help manage hunger throughout the day while boosting metabolism and promoting a positive mood. Slim & Sassy contains Grapefruit and Lemon essential oils, both of which have high limonene content to help purify and cleanse the body while Peppermint aids digestion and helps curb the appetite. Additionally, Ginger and Cinnamon provide a stimulating and positive effect on the endocrine system to assist with weight loss.
5. Take 1-3 capsules of Terrazyme with AM, MidDay and PM melas for the full 30-day cleanse cycle. The more your food is processed/cooked, the more Terrazyme you will likely need to take. This is a proprietary blend of active whole-food enzymes and supporting mineral cofactors that are often deficient in cooked, processed and preservative-laden foods. Terrazyme's powerful combination of digestive enzymes support the body's constant production of enzymes critical for healthy biochemical functions including healthy digestion of food nutrients and cellular metabolism of nutrients to energy.
6. On days 11-20 only, take 1 GX Assist softgel with AM and PM meals. GX Assist is a combination of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils of oregano, melaleuca, lemon, lemongrass, peppermint and thyme and caprylic acid that helps support a healthy digestive tract by creating an unfriendly environment for potentially harmful pathogens that can disrupt digestive immunities and cause digestive upset.
7. On days 21 - 20, take 1 PB Assist after AM, MidDay and PM meal. Continue using 1 capsule a day for maintenance after your 10-day cycle. PB Assist is a proprietary formula of pre-biotic fiber and six strains of probiotic microorganisms in a unique double-layer vegetable capsule delivering 5 billion CFUs of active probiotic cultures and soluble pre-biotic FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) that encourages culture adhesion and growth. The time-release double-capsule delivery system protects sensitive probiotic cultures from stomach acid.
8. Drink plenty of water. Consistency is key! Taking the supplement protocol here and there will not get results. Be patient with your body.
Ready to start your 30-day cleanse and support your body in managing Candida?
Purchase your cleanse and restore kit here and add the additional items from the list above or contact me directly to get 25% off your cleanse and any essential oils you need for the rest of the year.